DACA and Undocumented
I am undocumented, can I apply to the University of Illinois?
Yes, prospective students can apply regardless of their immigration status. There is no federal or state law that prohibits undocumented students’ admissions to public or private universities. All students will be reviewed under the same admission criteria regardless of status.
Do undocumented students qualify for in-state tuition?
House Bill 0060 allows undocumented students to receive in-state tuition at state colleges and universities in Illinois.
- Student has resided in Illinois with his/her parent or guardian while attending public or private high school.
- Student has graduated from an Illinois public or private high school or received a GED from Illinois.
- Student has attended an Illinois high school for at least three (3) years.
- Student has registered to enter the university after the fall 2003 semester.
- Student provides the university with an affidavit stating he/she will file an application to become a permanent resident of the U.S. once he/she becomes eligible to do so.
Are undocumented students eligible to receive financial aid?
Undocumented students are ineligible for state or federal financial aid. However, they still qualify for private scholarships depending on the requirements.
How do I get started with my application?
Please visit University of Illinois Admissions to begin your application process to the university.